Bluecoats614 High Road
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Taken over in May 2018 by Background Bars and renamed BLUECOATS, reflecting the old stone-faced building’s original purpose. Cask beer restored. Food is served daily, on Saturdays that starts at 10am.
The building was built in 1835, formerly The Bluecoats School for Girls. Bluecoats School started in 1735 and joined All Hallows’ School in 1930. All Hallows’ School joined St Paul’s National School in 1971 to become St Paul’ and All Hallows’ Infant and Junior Schools.
The incarnation before Bluecoats was as an independent cafe bar/restaurant and night club opened by December 2010.