North London

Campaign for Real Ale

Campaign for Real Ale

Rosemary Branch

2 Shepperton Road
London
N1 3DT
Emailku.oc.sbupelbakramer@hcnarbyramesor Telephone(020) 7704 2730
Real AleFamily FriendlyGardenLunchtime MealsEvening MealsDisabled AccessCiderFunction RoomDog FriendlyWiFiServes LocAleLive MusicMember Discount Scheme
Opening times: Mon–Thu closed; Fri 16:00-24:00; Sat 12:00-24:00; Sun 12:00-22:30

See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.

Single bar corner Victorian pub with traditional decor and long settles. Upstairs theatre and a rear lounge. On the edge of Islington common, on the course of an ancient footpath to London. A public house has stood in this area since 1594. in 1783 the old tavern became a white lead works powered by two windmills and the pub was rebuilt on the parish boundary. The tea gardens behind had a one acre pond supplied by the New River. They once housed according to the weekly times 5 Feb 1854, 'The most colossal ballroom in the Kingdom'. Known as Islington Vauxhall in 1836, the garden was used for pony racing, an equestrian circus, tight rope displays and balloon ascents. The pub hosts a small studio theatre seating 65. Buses short walk to New North Rd.

On a visit in Oct 2021 there were guest ales from Siren & Tiny Rebel.