Carpenters Arms68-70 Whitfield Street
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
This former Wenlock Brewery pub dates from 1938 and still retains many original features. The outside is pure 1930s, with ground floor faience tiling, brick upper storeys and a ceramic “Wenlock” plaque above the corner entrance. Two bars; rooftop beer garden; "granny annex". The original building was first licensed in 1776, spending its first year as the Three Compasses. Food offering includes Sunday roasts.
Card payment only.