North London

Campaign for Real Ale

Campaign for Real Ale

Lady Hamilton

289 Kentish Town Road
London
NW5 2JS
Emailku.oc.notlimahydal@reganam Telephone(020) 7485 0700
Real AleFamily FriendlyLunchtime MealsEvening MealsDisabled AccessFunction RoomDog FriendlySports TVWiFiLive MusicMember Discount Scheme
Opening times: Mon–Wed 12:00-23:00; Thu 12:00-23:30; Fri and Sat 12:00-24:00; Sun 12:00-20:00

See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.

After a period under the management of the Camden Town Brewery (from Nov 2015) reopened as The Lady Hamilton under the same ownership as the nearby Pineapple and Tapping the Admiral. Two handpumps have been installed and there is also a large selection of keg taps, mostly featuring beers from London's breweries. There is an upstairs bar and function room. On a visit in April 2022 the guest was from Big Hug Brewery.

From the Camden New Journal, Poppy Wheldon, who manages the pub pub, said: “We wanted to celebrate Lady Emma Hamilton – she was a real Kentish Town celebrity. Men would fall at her feet, and it is great to name a pub after a woman who isn’t a queen. It is the perfect spot for us – exactly between our two other pubs.”

There is an open kitchen which shows the last vestiges of Camden's ownership - white tiles. It is operated by Rosella and is mainly made up of pizzas with some other Italian offerings (takeaway available or via Deliveroo or Uber Eats). Elsewhere these tiles have been sensitively replaced to create a much more welcoming pub with the lighting creating a warm atmosphere. The ceiling, dating back to the 1970s, is a nice feature brought to life by the new owners. The decor, especially the framed pictures might best be described as eclectic.

Rebuilt in 1885, it was the Old Farm House and then became O'Reillys in 1998, one of the last "Irish pubs" in Camden with a striking old-style interior. This all changed when Camden Town brewery took over.